Vaishno Devi Yatra by Helicopter from Jammu
About Vaishno Devi Tourism: Vaishno Devi in Jammu and Kashmir is a pilgrimage town that attracts large devotees to its Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Mandir. Vaishno Devi, a manifestation of Goddess Durga, is the deity to whom the town and temple are dedicated. It is a popular belief that she herself calls devotees here. Holidify brings you a diverse range of Vaishno Devi tour packages for a memorable trip.
Vaishno Devi Mandir, is a temple cave set within the Trikuta Mountains. Devotees pay their respects to three naturally formed rocks that embody Maha Lakshmi, Maha Kali and Maha Saraswati. If you cover the yatra on foot, you can stop by at Ardhkuwari, also called Garbajoon Cave, which is said to be where the Goddess meditated before slaying the demon Bhairavnath.
Your yatra to Vaishno Devi, specifically to the temple, is made easier via the Vaishno Devi Ropeway and the helicopter service from Katra. Katra is yet another pilgrimage town in the Udhampur district that serves as the base camp for devotees heading to Vaishno Devi.
Visit to Vaishno Devi is considered incomplete without a visit to Bhairavnath Mandir, dedicated to Baba Bhairavnath, and built on the same spot where he was beheaded.
Day 01: Jammu – Katra (51 K.M. 1 ½ Hrs)
On arrival at the railway station / Airport in Jammu meet our representative and transfer to the Katra. Check in your hotel. Rest of the day is free at leisure. Overnight stay at Katra.
Day 02: Katra – Vaishno Devi Darshan
After breakfast, start your Holy Journey to Mata Vaisnodevi Darshan by Helicopter. Katra – Sanjhichat – Katra by Helicopter. And overnight stay at hotel
Day 03: Katra hotel – Jammu drop
After Breakfast drop to Jammu
- Helicopter are facilitated in the package
- VIP Darshan
- Yatra slip
- Rooms provided at the katra on twin sharing basis
- Breakfast and dinner
- Pickup and Drop from the hotel
- Use of health club facilities like gymnasium, swimming pool, sauna & steam room ( only available in 5 star and 4 star ).
- 02 pax to 04 pax Desire car and 06 pax Innova
- Meals and accommodation other than mentioned in inclusions.
- Personal expenses like tipping, Pony Charges, laundry phone calls, etc.
- Camera charges at monuments.
- Services other than mentioned in Inclusions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Due to bad weather if the helicopter will not be able to fly, client will get refund of helicopter tickets on actual amount Rs. 3600/-.
- If the client not able to board on time then will not get refund on helicopter tickets
- If you will cancel the package with-in 0-7 days. The package will be non-refundable.
Best time for the Vaishno devi tour?
The best time for the Vaishno Devi Tour would be during the summer season which extends between the months of March and October. At this time of the year, you will find the weather perfect for mountain tours.
You can also come over to Vaishno Devi during the monsoon season but you need to be very careful about the weather changes. This is one such time of the year when you can enjoy a wide range of adventures.
How to reach Katra for the Vaishno Devi tour?
By Flight: The nearest airport to Katra for Vaishno Devi tour is Jammu Airport. You can take a taxi to cover the rest of the distance by road. You will also get direct buses on this route at regular intervals. If you wish, you can also opt for helicopter services at Sanjhi Chhat.
By Road: You can easily reach Katra by bus services from the nearby cities like Jammu, Amritsar, and New Delhi. Apart from buses, you can also opt for taxi services or take self drive car rentals to drive down the beautiful roads.
By Train: The nearest railway station for Vaishno Devi yatra is at Katra. You will get regular trains to this place from every major Indian city. You can reach Katra from your location and then spend some time at the luxurious accommodation close to the station and then cover the rest of the distance to the holy cave.
How long is the walk to Vaishno Devi?
Once you are in the base camp of Katra, you will have to climb a distance of about 12 km. This is a well paved road which would take about 4 – 8 hours to complete the journey. You can also take a helicopter ride to Sanjichhat and then continue walking for about 2.5 km.
Which all places will we get to visit in this Vaishno devi package?
Vaishno Devi Temple: Vaishno Devi Temple is one of the sacred places that pilgrims love to visit every single year. The primary deity is Vaishno Devi, a manifestation of Goddess Durga. The locals refer to the deity as Mata Rani. As per legends, during the holy puja and aarti, Goddess Durga arrives at the cave and blesses the pilgrims.
Katra: Located on the foothills of Trikuta Mountain Range, it is a base camp for the epic Vaishno Devi package. You can come over to this place from your hometown and then continue walking till you reach the holy cave. This place is also home to some of the beautiful attractions like Chenab River and Banganga. You can also try out mountain climbing and a number of excursion tours with your family.
Ardhkuwari: Ardhkuwari is yet another sacred place to visit in the Vaishno Devi Package. As per the legends, the Goddess Durga meditated in the caves of Ardhkuwari for about 9 months before making her abode in Vaishno Devi Bhawan. You can come over to this place, offer prayers at the holy cave and seek blessings from the almighty.
Is it convenient for an aged person to come for the darshan ?
It is absolutely convenient for the devotees of all age groups right from small children to elderly people as adequate facilities like catering, porters, accommodation etc. are available at Katra, Bhawan and enroute. For the infirm people the Palkies can be engaged.
How much time does it take to visit Vaishno Devi from Katra?
The distance between Katra and Vaisho Devi is about 10 km. It takes about 5 – 8 hours to climb from Katra to Vaisho Devi and about 3 – 6 hours to descend down from the holy cave.
What are the important things to remember while going for Vaishno Devi Darshan?
- You should make sure that you have obtained the Vaishno Devi package slip from the registration counter. If you forget to get that, then you will not be allowed to cross beyond the Ban Ganga Check post.
- If you think you will not be able to make it to the cave walking down the road, then you can ask for a helicopter ride or palanquin ride at the registration counter.
- You will be provided with food, water, and a blanket free of cost, so it is suggested to leave unnecessary items at the base camp.
- You should wait for the announcement of the group number of yours for the darshan. It is at all times suggested to be attentive or else you will miss the announcement.
- You should completely clean yourself as well as your clothes before the Darshan.
- You can use the cloak room to keep your valuables during the Darshan.
- It should make sure that you are appropriately dressed up.
- You should not carry any kind of electronic items into the cave like video camera mobiles, and any similar items.
You should avoid resting on the landslide prone areas while climbing up and down. You should always take rest in designated places only.
How and where can I hire ponies and palkies ?
For hiring the registered Ponies, Pithoos or Palkies a yatri is required to contact the contractors offices at Bhawan / Adhkwari / Katra.
The rates for these Palkies / Pithoos / Ponies are approved by the Govt. and for convenience the same can be cross checked from the Signboards installed by the Board along the track at prominent locations. Before engaging these Ponies, Palkies or Pithoos a devotee is required to note down the registration no. of the person(s) so engaged for reference in case of need.
In case of any problem with the Contractors Office, the field offices of the Shrine Board can also be contacted at the above locations.